Please Note: Services may be impacted in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Please contact any service prior to visiting in person to receive up to date information on changes to their availability (e.g. hours of operation etc.)
West Parry Sound Health Centre
COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- COVID-19 assessment centre. Out-of-hospital clinic where people will be assessed by a health-care provider, who will provide necessary care and instructions for follow up, if required.
If you are concerned you can use the online self-assessment tool or call Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 for more information
Ontario has released the COVID-19 Test Results Viewer that allows you to check your results online.
- Effective December 31, 2021, PCR testing will only be recommended for individuals if they belong to the following groups:
- Symptomatic people who fall into one of the following groups:
- Hospitalized patients
- Patients in Emergency Departments, at the discretion of the treating clinician
- Patient-facing health care workers
- Staff, residents, essential care providers, and visitors in hospitals and congregate living settings, including long-term care, retirement homes, First Nation elder care lodges, group homes, shelters, hospices, temporary foreign worker settings, and correctional institutions
- Outpatients for whom COVID-19 treatment is being considered
- Underhoused or homeless
- People who are from First Nation, Inuit, and Métis communities and individuals travelling into these communities for work
- Symptomatic elementary and secondary students and education staff who have received a PCR self-collection kit through their school
- People on admission/transfer to or from hospital or congregate living setting
- High-risk contacts and asymptomatic/symptomatic people in the context of confirmed or suspected outbreaks in high-risk settings, including hospitals, long-term care, retirement homes, other congregate living settings and institutions, and other settings as directed by the local public health unit
- Individuals, and one accompanying caregiver, with written prior approval for out-of-country medical services from the General Manager, OHIP
- Asymptomatic testing in hospital, long-term care, retirement homes and other congregate living settings and Institutions as per provincial guidance and/or Directives
Individuals with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 are presumed positive and they should follow isolation and/or self-monitoring guidelines.
Positive rapid antigen tests will no longer require PCR confirmation.
- Application Process
- Call to make an appointment.
- 705-746-4540 ext 5030
- Web Site
- Documents Required
- OHIP card.
- Fully Accessible
- Legal Status
- (50) Non Profit
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- Community Connection, 211 Central East Region Contact Centre
- Last Verified On
- September 1, 2022
- Parry Sound Mall; 70 Joseph St, Unit 105-106
Parry Sound, ON, P2A 2G5
Cross street: Joseph St and Mall Dr; Rear of the Parry Sound Mall
Open in Google Maps
- Hours of Operation
- By appointment only.
- Service Area(s)
- Parry Sound District