Please Note: Services may be impacted in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Please contact any service prior to visiting in person to receive up to date information on changes to their availability (e.g. hours of operation etc.)
Thunder Bay and District Injured Workers Support Group
Injured Workers Support Group
- *Modified* Meetings every Tuesday morning from 10 am-12 noon via the internet and phone - If you want to join in send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The office is closed for the duration.
- Volunteers are taking messages off our office voicemail 5 days a week. We will strive to return calls within 1 day. Our office number is 622-8897. Please leave a message with your name and phone number.
- We have arranged for free legal advice with our partners in the community legal clinics. Phone our office and leave a message if interested.
- Provides public education on workers compensation issues
- Offers peer support to injured workers and family members
- Participates in law reform to make the system work better for all workers
- Educates people on their rights and responsibilities under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act (WSIB)
- Facilitates peer counselling and open public meetings free of charge
- Advises injured workers as to what options are open to them and how they can work with the WSIB process on a variety of programs
- Hours of Operation
- Tue, Thu 10 am-12 noon
Meetings: Board meeting: First Mon of the month 6:30 pm
Peer group meeting Tue, call for more information
- No restrictions
- Application Process
- Call for membership information
- Membership - Annual
- Documents Required
- No documents required
- Fully Accessible
- Legal Status
- (50) Non Profit
- Social Media
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- 211 Ontario North
- Last Verified On
- April 1, 2021