Please Note: Services may be impacted in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Please contact any service prior to visiting in person to receive up to date information on changes to their availability (e.g. hours of operation etc.)
NorWest Community Health Centres
Urgent Care Clinic
- Walk in services remain open. All visitors and clients will be screened prior to entering the building, one by one at the main entrance (back parking lot).Walk-in medical clinic staffed by Nurse Practitioners
- NWCHC Thunder Bay site at 525 Simpson Street is open for scheduled essential services (by appointment only).
- Health care providers, therapists, dietitians and our community health workers are providing care through phone appointments and virtual visits.
- All visitors and clients will be screened prior to entering the building, one by one at the main client entrance (back parking lot).
Provides treatment and assistance for the following:
- Coughs and cold
- Sore throat
- Pregnancy testing
- Pap smears
- Sexual health
- Birth control
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) and HIV testing
- Hepatitis and tuberculosis (TB) testing
NOTE: No physicians or medication refills available at the site
- Please note: Walk-in clinics are often closed on long weekends and holidays.
- Hours of Operation
- Tue 4:30 pm-7 pmBlood Pressure Clinic Wed 1 pm-4 pm
- Patients of the centre who need medical care for minor illnesses and injuries
- Must have a valid OHIP card
- Application Process
- No appointment required, patients seen on a first come, first served basis
- Most services covered by OHIP
- Fully Accessible
- Legal Status
- (50) Non Profit
- Social Media
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- 211 Ontario North
- Last Verified On
- March 6, 2019