Please Note: Services may be impacted in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Please contact any service prior to visiting in person to receive up to date information on changes to their availability (e.g. hours of operation etc.)
Northwestern Ontario Women's Centre
- Women's Centre staff is gradually returning to the office, but are not fully open to the public yet.
To make an appointment, call 807-345-7802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walk-ins will not be accepted at this time.
- Be prepared to answer screening questions.
- Sanitize hands on entry (dispenser available)
- Please wear a mask. We can provide a single-use mask if you don't have your own.
- Visitor's access is limited to a small entry/intake area and interview room. Please follow direction arrows.
- No access to Women's Centre phones, photocopier, and other resources at this time.
- High contact items and surfaces will be sanitized before and after use by visitors
To contact the Good Food Box Program, call 807-345-7819
- Serves as a meeting place that provides a strong feminist voice for women in Northwestern Ontario
- Provides support, information, referral, and advocacy to individual women, especially in the areas of woman abuse, legal rights (criminal and family law, including child welfare), economic rights, and human rights at no cost
- Offers a drop-in centre and a comprehensive resource library on issues of concern to women
- Provides speakers and training and organizes educational and celebratory community events for and about women
- Brings issues of concern for women to government and other decision-makers
- Advocates for all communities of women from an anti-racist, anti-oppression framework
- Administers the Thunder Bay Good Food Box, a monthly food security program
- Partnered with Faye Peterson Transition House in the operation of the Thunder Bay Women's Court Watch Program
- Please note new location: 73 Cumberland St N, Suite 101
- Hours of Operation
- By appointment only
- Advocacy services for women only
- Application Process
- Call or visit the library for membership information
- Documents Required
- No documents required
- Fully Accessible
- Legal Status
- (50) Non Profit ; (80) United Way
- Social Media
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- 211 Ontario North
- Last Verified On
- September 17, 2020