Please Note: Services may be impacted in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Please contact any service prior to visiting in person to receive up to date information on changes to their availability (e.g. hours of operation etc.)
Canadian Mental Health Association
Thunder Bay Branch - Crisis Response Services
- Telephone crisis support continues to operate 24/7. In Thunder Bay, call 807-346-8282, or in the district, call toll-free at 1-888-269-3100. Mobile Unit and Crisis Support Residence currently suspended due to covid-19.
Telephone support provides the following:
- Provides 24/7 telephone support
- Offers an 8 hour mobile unit to provide in-person crisis assessment
- Operates a short-term Crisis Support Residence
LOCAL CMHA BRANCH SERVICES DURING COVID-19
- Crisis assessment and intervention
- Referrals to other community services
- Support to family and friends
- Wellness Planning
CMHA branches are open but many are offering alternative service delivery at this time
Service delivery may be provided:or in the following virtual ways:
Please note: CMHA branch offerings are subject to change in response to the ongoing developments of COVID-19. The website below will reflect the most accurate and current information.
- PCVC - Personal computer video conferencing
- OTN - Ontario Telemedicine Network
- ZOOM - Video/web conferencing platform
Follow this link to determine how service delivery is being provided by choosing the appropriate CMHA location from the website's drop down list.
- Crisis Response accepts collect calls.
- Hours of Operation
- Crisis Line: Mon-Sun 24 hoursMobile Response Team: Mon-Sun 3 pm-11 pmCrisis Support Residence: Mon-Sun 24 hours
- Telephone support and mobile unit available to all ages
- Crisis Support Residence for individuals 16 years of age and older
- Individuals under acute psychological distress from any number of life crises, trauma, psychosocial and/or mental illness, postpartum depression, violence, or dementia
- Family, friends, parents, caregivers or service providers who are concerned about an individual
- Mobile unit only available in city of Thunder Bay
- Application Process
- Documents Required
- No documents required
- Not Applicable
- Legal Status
- (50) Non Profit
- Social Media
- Agency Information
- View Agency Profile
- 211 Ontario North
- Last Verified On
- May 3, 2020