Novel Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19)June 23, 2020
Posted in: Notices
Information about COVID-19 and the current situation in Ontario is available on the Ministry of Health website.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) contact:
- Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or
- Your Local Public Health Unit (list provided below).
Health Canada’s Information Line – 1-833-784-4397: telephone line is answered by a live agent who can provide information on COVID-19.
Click on the following links for information on:
Public Health Units – Northern Ontario
- Algoma Public Health Unit http://www.algomapublichealth.com/
- North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit https://www.myhealthunit.ca/
- Northwestern Health Unit https://www.nwhu.on.ca/
- Porcupine Health Unit http://www.porcupinehu.on.ca/en/
- Sudbury and District Health Unit https://www.phsd.ca/
- Thunder Bay District Health Unit https://www.tbdhu.com/
- Timiskaming Health Unit http://www.timiskaminghu.com/
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
The Government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to help Canadians facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Click here to learn about support individuals and families
- Click here to lean about support for businesses
Canada Emergency Response Benefit
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit will be accessible through a secure web portal starting in early April. Applicants will also be able to apply via an automated telephone line or via a toll-free number.
211 Ontario can help you find support during COVID-19
211 is your primary source of information on Government and community-based services. Things change quickly during this unusual time, and our team is committed to providing accurate and up-to-date information to Ontarians about responses to the novel coronavirus.