Ontario. Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
Northwestern Ontario
Natural Resources and Forestry Services, Fort Frances District

  • Manages and regulates outdoors cards, hunting and fishing in Ontario
  • Offers environmental and natural resources maps
  • Protects animals, plants, land, water, forests and other ecosystems
  • Manages Crown land, including renewable energy projects, planning, work permits, buying and renting and camping on Crown land
  • Administers the Bearwise reporting line between Apr 1 and Nov 30 (between Dec 1 and Mar 31: report bear problems to the District office)
  • Provides advice on wild birds and animals in distress and takes complaints about poaching, fishing violations, etc
  • Does not deal with the coyote problem, nuisance animals and will not provide animal control services

Natural Resources Violations – MNRF TIPS
  • Accepts reports of illegal activity against Ontario’s fish and wildlife, species at risk, shore lands, forests, provincial parks and conservation reserves, petroleum, aggregate resources and Crown lands

Operates a Field Office at 108 Saturn Ave in Atikokan, ON P0T 1C0 Ph: 807-597-6971, Fax: 807-597-6185
  • Licences and outdoors cards are required for fishing and hunting
  • A licence and outdoors card for fishing are not required for individuals under 18 years of age or over 65 years of age
  • To be eligible to hunt, an individual must be 16 years of age, or 15 with written parental consent
Application Process
  • No walk-in service; call to make an appointment
  • Hunting and fishing licences as well as outdoors cards can be purchased, renewed, or replaced online, at a Service Ontario location, or at a licence issuer
Not Accessible
Legal Status
(30) Provincial Government
Social Media
Agency Information
211 Ontario North
Last Verified On September 13, 2019

New Search
Suggest Update