NorWest Community Health Centres
Urgent Care Clinic
- Walk in services remain open. All visitors and clients will be screened prior to entering the building, one by one at the main entrance (back parking lot).Walk-in medical clinic staffed by Nurse Practitioners
- NWCHC Thunder Bay site at 525 Simpson Street is open for scheduled essential services (by appointment only).
- Health care providers, therapists, dietitians and our community health workers are providing care through phone appointments and virtual visits.
- All visitors and clients will be screened prior to entering the building, one by one at the main client entrance (back parking lot).
Provides treatment and assistance for the following:
- Coughs and cold
- Sore throat
- Pregnancy testing
- Pap smears
- Sexual health
- Birth control
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) and HIV testing
- Hepatitis and tuberculosis (TB) testing
NOTE: No physicians or medication refills available at the site
Please note: Walk-in clinics are often closed on long weekends and holidays.
Hours of Operation
Tue 4:30 pm-7 pmBlood Pressure Clinic Wed 1 pm-4 pm
- Patients of the centre who need medical care for minor illnesses and injuries
- Must have a valid OHIP card
No appointment required, patients seen on a first come, first served basis
Most services covered by OHIP
(50) Non Profit
211 Ontario North
Last Verified On
March 6, 2019